Friday, May 15, 2009
Sorry everyone for such a LONG absence. I had been using the free internet here and during the spring the wind goes crazy and the internet went out. But since Matthew is starting school we decided to get our own internet so I'm back! :) Life has been so crazy but we are loving it. As many of you already know I am pregnant with our second little baby. This monday we went for an ultrasound and got to see our beautiful baby boy!! I am so happy! I wanted a little boy. Everyone knows little boys are attached to their mommies. Matthew and I joke that now he has a baby and I have a baby. :) Emma lately has been going through some severe seperation anxiety. She only wants her Mama. She starts crying if I walk more than 5 ft. away and reaches out her arms for me. Mama is the only word she will say when talking to me and I love it. Matthew is a little heartbroken that his little girl won't say dada though. Emma is already scooting all around the house. She has learned to push and roll herself to get to whatever it is she wants. She is a very determined and willful baby. Yesterday I had her on my lap while watching tv and she kept trying to grab the remote. So I hid it between the couch and the window. She looked all over for it and then started pulling herself up on the cushion. I watched as she stood, put her little hand back there, grabbed the remote and stuffed it in her mouth as she smile triumphantly. I couldn't believe it!! Already she knows what she wants and she will try until she gets it. I hope she carries that with her as she gets older. I know it will lead to some tantrums in the not to distant future but I want her as she grows up to go for things, to believe she can do anything and go for it. If only we all could keep that mentality as we get older. All kids when they are little bitties are so sure of themselves and believe that anything is possible. But as we get older we start self doubt and many times tell ourselves it isn't possible. Watching Emma try to get the remote and not quit until she had it made me think about myself. How many times I may have tried for something or even wanted to but didn't because it was to hard or didn't think I could. So I have decided that I am going to take on one thing I always wanted to do and do it, challenge myself a little. I don't know what it's going to be yet but I will keep you posted. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmmm...actually, I think she sounds a LOT like her mommy!! :)
Sweeeeet - that's why Heavenly Father gives us children, we can learn so much from them. Through our babies eyes we get a fresh look at everything! Congrats on baby boy to come. Boys are awesome.
Post a Comment