Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentines Day Treat



This was Emma's first time actually celebrating Valentines Day. She was much to little last year. This year for Valentines the day before Matthew and the kids took me to the mall for my presents and out to eat at Ruby Tuesdays. It was so yummy! Sunday it was much to cold to take the kids out so while Matthew was at church I cut out hearts for Emma to color on and decorate for Matthew. She had such a fun time. The she and I made a special dinner with spaghetti and meatballs, garlic breadsticks, salad, roasted veggies and chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. Emma was the taste tester. ;) We got all dressed up, set up some candles and music. Emma felt so pretty in her outfit. It was so cute!
Emma had a special valentines treat. We bought her a chocolate teddy bear. She also had some Valentine jammies with hearts all over them to wear. We opened the chocolate bear for her and she took it, looked at it and said "Oh, Hi!" then stuffed it in her mouth as fast as she could. That girl loves chocolate! The bear was gone in about 3 minutes. I think Ammon was a little jealous that Emma had chocolate and he didn't. Poor baby... :)
After dinner we all watched a family movie together before bed. It was a wonderful weekend and I'm so glad I got to spend Valentines day with the people I love the most.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Sounds like y'all had a great weekend! :)

mj said...

I absolutely love this post! I miss Emma SO much, you don't even know!! I am totally jealous of your beautiful family and I can't wait to start my own :) It sounds like the best Valentine's Day in the whole world! I'm so happy for you!! Give Emma a chocolate kiss from her Auntie Risa ;) and then give Ammon a great big hug - so it'll distract him while she's eating chocolate! lol I love your family :D