Friday, February 5, 2010

One of those Days


Where do I begin... Yesterday was terrible! The morning started off fair enough. I woke up and got myself and Ammon ready like usual. I heard Emma waking up so I went downstairs to her room. I was not ready for what I was going to find. My little angel was sitting in the middle of her crib with the blankets on the floor, sheets hanging over the railing, and had pulled back the plastic off her mattress and was ripping the foam apart and throwing it on the floor! I don't know how she managed to do that but she did. I then noticed she had put foam particles in her hair. So I cleaned her up, got her dressed and fed her. Ammon was in his bouncer seat and while I was letting the dogs out Emma decided to help feed Ammon. He was soaked poor little guy. I ran him upstairs to clean and change him. When I came down, Oscar( he is our chihuahua-doxie mix) had gotten into the trash. By this time I was wondering how much worse the morning could get. I shouldn't have wondered.
As I was taking care of the trash, Bane ( he is my Great Dane) attacked the downstairs toilet and tracked his slobber and toilet water all the way upstairs. I fussed at him and what did he do? He went upstairs and did the same thing while I was cleaning the downstairs! And decided to track it not only downstairs but in Ammon's room and mine. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
While all of this was happening Emma had proceeded to grind her piece of bread into the carpet. I started vacuuming it up and the vacuum decided to eat the corner of my carpet. Joy. At this point I took a deep breath, took the dogs to their kennels, layed the babies down for their naps and started scrubbing the house top to bottom. I finally had it cleaned and I flopped onto the couch. All I wanted to do was watch some TV and enjoy the peace. I was so relaxed...and then Matthew walked in with his boots on. There was dirt everywhere.Oh well... it was nice while it lasted. :)

3 comments:

Anita said...

Okay, so I probably shouldn't be laughing right now... but I am :) I can totally relate. Some days, I wonder why I have a dog in the first place, and wish I could just get a sitter for my kids. Hang in there!

Brittany said...

Wow, what a day! It's hard enough dealing w/ kids, there's no way I'm ready to add dogs to the mix, that's even more stress added. I don't know how you do it!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that, like Anita, I chuckled too when I read this but at the same time I felt your frustration. Would have loved to see Emma with the foam in her hair!
Wait until she feeds Ammon his sweet potatoes -- like someone else I know did to her baby brother Tony!

You are an amazing woman and a wonderful writer! Keep blogging!