We went to Bismarck for a few days as a little getaway. Our hotel had a heated indoor pool so we took Emma and Ammon swimming for the first time. They both loved it. Emma of course kept trying to dive in head first. She actually started kicking and moving her arms like she was swimming after watching some other children in the pool swim. I'm enrolling her in swim lessons next year. Ammon loved it in his own way. He was very quiet and calm the whole time. He just loved the feeling of the water all around him. We has such a blast with them. We stayed in the pool for over an hour and when it was time to get out neither one wanted to go! I can't wait for the pool on base to open!
Not only was swimming in the pool a great family moment but it was also a wonderful reminder of how different but special my children are. They get along so beautifully but Emma and Ammon couldn't be more different. They are Yin and Yang. Emma is my live out loud child. She jumps off furniture, climbs anything in sight, attempts to run away, is not afraid anyone she comes across, ect. She hardly ever cries even when she falls down. She normally just gets up and laughs. Emma has always been very self sufficient and loves her independence. Emma is bossy and loves to tell people what she thinks. She has been heard at the mall telling people to "Go" because they were in the way of her stroller. :)
Ammon on the other hand is a very quiet child. He loves to just sit. If you let him he will just sit in your lap with a quiet toy all day or at least until nap time. Ammon also hates being alone. He doesn't like being put down or even sleeping by himself. He wants to be cuddled and talked to. He loves to talk to you but it is always in a soft angelic voice. Ammon also tends to whine a great deal. He complains over the littlest things. He is super attached to his mommy and doesn't like it when I leave the room for a second, even if he is in Daddy's very capable hands.
I love them both so much. Sometimes as a mom I am guilty of lumping them in the same category. It was such a wonderful moment to watch my two beautiful children express their own personalities. They are both so special to me. I am so blessed to have them in my life. I loved watching them play together and "talk" to each other in the pool. Even though they are so different they are the best of friends. I guess it's true..opposites do attract.
No comments:
Post a Comment