Monday, October 5, 2009

Mommy's little man


One week ago today at exactly 7:03 p.m. Ammon entered this world. He was perfect and the most adorable little boy I've ever seen. He weighed 8 lbs 8oz and measured 20". Almost 2 lbs more than Emma and an inch shorter! His chest was 13 and a fourth and his head was 14" and a fourth. He was healthy and SO handsome! I only had to push for 6 mins with him. They used the vacuum really quick because they weren't sure if he would come out in time. His heart beat was falling fast and they wanted to hurry and help him out. They didn't really need to though because he was ready to be out in the world! I was so glad he was okay. All day long we had been losing his heartbeat or having it drop down into the 30's which is dangerously low. But he was fine! Two days later we were all cleared to go home.

Now that we have been home for a while we are getting settled into the swing of this. Ammon is very attached to his mommy and I to him. He has his days and nights severely mixed up. From midnight to 4 in the morning he is completely wide awake. He likes to have you sit up with him and just talk and walk around. He only gets fussy when he gets bored. Then once 4 o'clock comes around he is out for the rest of the day, only awaking for food and diaper changes.

Matthew has been such a big help. He is off work until the end of this month and has been cooking and helping during the middle of the night. He takes over one feeding at night so I can get some sleep. He is so wonderful! His dinners are out of this world! Last night he made a delicious italian marinated chicken on the grill with homemade jalepeno bread. So yummy!!! :D

He has been taking care of Emma since I can't pick her up for the next six weeks. She loves having "Daddy" time.

Emma is slowly adjusting to having Ammon at home. She doesn't unerstand why she can't "love" on baby brother or crawl up into his bassinet with him. But she loves it when he is awake. She cracks up when he makes noises or even cries. She is slowly learning that even though Mommy has to do alot with baby brother, mommy still loves and has time for her little Stinky. :)

This last week has been a whirlwind of activity and adjustments but we are all so very happy. I am in love with this little boy and look forward to getting to know him and his personality even better. I love my babies, they light up my life. I have been blessed with the most wonderful family!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

aww! emma is so cute! and ammon!
I can't wait to see you guys :)

campbell said...

That was a beautiful post. It reminded me of the day when my beautiful boys were born. Boys are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Laresa. You have a gift for writing.