Well technically it's 34 hours but who cares!!??? Tomorrow is my last day being pregnant! :D I'm being induced Monday. Hooray, Hooray!! I'm so ready for this little boy to be here. Matthew and I have finally agreed on a name (we were mostly stuck on the middle part) and we are very happy with it. I want my childrens' names to have meaning to them, so they can say my name comes from here, here and here and means such and such. Emma's name does that for her. Emma was for Emma Smith, a wonderful and strong woman. As the wife of the prophet Joesph Smith, it amazes me how strong and faithful she was. I can only pray that I would have been able to endure half of the things she saw and went through.
Jean is for my Grandmother. I was the only grandchild she was able to see alive. Grandma Jean passed away from cancer before she could meet the rest of her grandchildren. I personally don't have any memories of her but I have pictures of her and I together and the stories my mother has told me. My Grandma Jean was sweet, and an absolutely BEAUTIFUL woman. :) She never thought of herself as so but she was gorgeous! She had a fabulous sense of style and hands like a model. She was a very gentle woman and I wish I could have had a chance to really spend time with her as a teenage/adult. Mom says that her mother is where I get my love of clothes and shoes from. :)
And of course Nelson is Emma's last name. Matthew is very proud of his last name and it's an honor for me to share it with him. His Grandfather served in the Army as a Ranger and served in war. He served in WW II at the age of 15. He lied so he could get in. :) He had the greatest love for his country and was very proud of his service. He was a stern man and yet very very loving. I had the opportunity to meet him before Matthew left for Brazil. He welcomed me right in to the family and hugged and kissed me like I was his own granchild. He died not to long after.
So you see there is a story for her name and there will be a story for this little boy as well. But we aren't giving out that info until he is here. :) I am so excited to be one day away from hold my precious little boy and being able to say once again "Hello, my name is Mommy".
1 comment:
Aww...Beanie. This almost made me cry....I love you! And I can't wait for Baby Nelson to come!
Post a Comment