Christmas Eve is my favorite day out of the whole year. This year we were really able to get into it now that Emma is old enough to enjoy alot of the traditions, like the HUGE buffet that we put on. My Mom used to make one every year when I was growing up. She did such and amazing job and now I am trying to do half as good as she did. :) I made cheese log, lemon bars, smoketail cockies, chips and dip, chocolate chip cookies, gingerbread, orange-cranberry bread, pecan cresents, pumpkin pie and a few other things. We stuffed our faces while watching The Homecoming, another tradition. Emma helped make all of the cookies and even got to lick the beaters. She was estatic! That girl's mouth is made up of sweet teeth. Get between her and a cookie and you will regret it big time. We got to skype with my parents and they got to see Emma unwrap some of her presents. Emma actually held a conversation with them for the first time!
Matthew and I woke up to exchange gifts at 6 before our babies woke up. It was really nice opening them up just the two of us under the Christmas tree. I got a Wii Fit Plus complete with the new Biggest Loser game than I had been dying to get! Santa always knows what to get me. :D A few hours later Emma was up and the fun began. She loves opening presents and it was a riot to watch her. She likes to take her time opening presents piece by piece and then throughly enjoying each one before moving on. It took awhile to get through them all. She had two definate favorites. One was a doll from her Grandparents Rudd, the other was a talking cow from my Mom and Dad. She walked around with them all day. Ammon was about as enthused as a baby can be. He just enjoyed watching everyone and sitting in our laps.
The rest of the day was filled with food, laughter, toys, Christmas movies and a blizzard. It made for the most wonderful white Christmas. I actually really enjoyed having one. I don't think Matthew appreciated it much though..then again he is the one that has to shovel it all!
We had a wonderful Christmas together as a little family. I love having children in the house to celebrate with. Kids bring so much more meaning to Christmas. I love watching Emma's eyes light up at the food, toys and bright lights. I love decorating, cooking and even singing Christmas songs more. I loved how she would try and sing along with her little baby voice. It was a truly beautiful season.
No comments:
Post a Comment