This past Sunday we took Ammon to church to receive his baby blessing. It took us forever to get it done! The doctor didn't want us taking him out before the six weeks were up due to the terrible colds, flu and H1N1. So we had to wait it out. Finally the day was here!
Sunday morning we made sure to get up early so we would be there on time. ;) My mom made the most amazing suit for Ammon to be blessed in. Her talent never ceases to amaze me. It fit him perfectly and he looked quite dapper in it. But, nothing ever goes smoothly when something big is going to happen...
That morning we awoke to fit that one of the dogs had chewed up several items, where he got them heaven only knows and the other two decided to mess in the kennel. On top of that Ammon woke up in a bad mood and I nicked him while trying to clip his nails which resulted in a mad dash through the house to find bandaids. Emma was screaming because she felt ignored, I knock some bleach over onto a dress I was going to wear and it was bitter cold. As the morning progressed it almost didn't even seem worth it to try and get to church. Everything was going wrong and all the negative forces on earth were doing their best to make the day miserable. I had to stop and take a breath. Saying a silent prayer for strength Matthew and I got the kids into the car.
Immediately after pulling out of the driveway I felt better and peace was restored. We made it to church on time and Ammon's blessing was beautiful. I'm so glad I didn't give in and stay home. Having just that wonderful, short, spiritual moment was worth all of the stress.
4 comments:
Don't feel bad about waiting out the 6 weeks! I insisted on blessing her in SC, so we had to wait until August when Jack's semester was over! But it's always worth the wait in the end!
What a sweet post. It is so true; the adversary loves to interfere with holy things! And of course everything that can go wrong, will. It is like that when I make plans to attend the temple :)
That's so awesome. Ammon looks so handsome! He's going to be a heart breaker someday. It's funny how bad things always try to squash you when you're trying to do something right, but like you said, it's definitely worth it to not give up. :)
I'm glad you left a comment on my blog, I didn't know you had a blog! Your blog seems like it's going to be a lot of fun to follow. I can't believe your kids are just over 11 months apart! That's less than my 12 months and 1 day! Well it looks like you're doing well w/ your 2 kids. It seems to be coming a lot more naturally to you than me :)
Post a Comment