Yesterday night I received a Christmas surprise. I was cooking dinner and Matthew came in and asked me to talk with him in the living room for a second. I was just putting it in the oven so I cleaned up and sat down. While sitting on the couch he began to tell me how much he loves me and how thankful he his to have me in his life and how much I mean to him. It was so sudden and touching. I immediately began to tear up, then to my surprise he slid off the couch got on one knee and opened a ring box that contained two gorgeous rings, an egagement and a wedding band. I was knocked breathless for a moment. I never saw this coming. I had too perfectly good rings from our wedding two years ago. I had not been able to wear them since they became too small since the end of my pregnancy with Emma. We had talked about wanting to get new rings for each other and so for this Christmas I had bought him a new one. But I never expected that I would get one this year!
I told him they were the most beautiful rings I had seen. The design was one I had pointed out once and the cut and clarity was amazing! It was 1.5 carats of pure perfection. They caught fire in the light. He put them on my hand and said that everytime I look at them he wanted me to remember how beautiful I am. It was the most romantic thing in the world.
3 comments:
awwwwww :)
my brother is so sweet!
who knew.
Okay....I just teared up! That is SOOOOOO sweet!!! You definately have a keep :D
Sweet as can be!! Hold each other tight!!!
Post a Comment