Friday, January 8, 2010

My Mini-Me

Lately Emma has been copying everything I do. From doing the dishes and rocking Ammon right down to my dance moves. This morning I caught her wrapping her baby doll up in one of Ammon's swaddling blankets and rocking back and forth in her arms while singing to it. It was absolutely precious.
Emma has her own shelves on my bookshelf and she keeps her toys and books there. She loves to help me "clean" it. She will sit there and rearrange it for hours. She loves to try and mop the floors and load the dishwasher. Emma also tries to feed Ammon from her own bottle.
Last night while watching Alvin and the Chipmunks for the 18th time Emma busted one of my moves. She was twirling those hips and putting her little hands in the air. Matthew and I couldn't stop laughing. I didn't realize that she had paid that much attention to me.
It's amazing how much she wants to be like me right now. Everyday I see her mimicking what I do and trying to follow my footsteps. It just reminds me how careful I need to be with what I say and do. You never know what she will pick up next. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She will grow up to be a fine woman just like you because of your great example!