On November 2nd Matthew and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe we have been married for that long and yet at the same time it feels as if we have been together forever. This year was actually our first anniversary where I had not just given birth. So we actually got to go do quite a few fun things together. A good friend of Matthew's watched the kids for us and we went out to the bowling alley here for some Extreme Bowling. Late at night on Saturdays the alley puts on the black lights, a few other special lighting effects, puts music videos on these huge tvs and everyone turns out to bowl. It was really fun and we really enjoyed ourselves. Apparently Matthew's love for Wii bowling has paid off. He beat me...twice. After bowling we had a nice late night dinner at Applebee's and just got to hang out and talk for a while.
We also went on a second date this time taking the kiddos with us. We love taking our babies places and we wanted to celebrate with them. We all went to meet our realtor to look at a few places we are interested in and afterwards had dinner at Denny's. I love their food and my kids are complete pancake fanatics so it was the perfect spot to go for us. It was really relaxing and fun to have a family anniversary date. I think this might be something we make a tradition out of.
For our gifts this anniversary Matthew and I got each other some books. We both love to read and both have Nooks. Now we each picked out a few books for each other and snuggles up on the couch to read together. It's one of my favorite ways to spend a winter evening together. We also both got our own copies of Fable 3 at the midnight release and pre-ordered Call of Duty: Black Ops. Most people know that we are complete video game dorks and each have our own tv as well as our own systems. We spend the next night playing Fable until 6 in the morning. We make popcorn and drank rockstars. It was a blast!
I love being able to spend everyday with my best friend. These past 3 years have been crazy and fun. I am still just as in love with him as I was the day I got married.
I love you Matthew Nelson and I can't wait until our 3 years together have turned into 30. You are my eternity.
1 comment:
3 years already! Wow, time flies!! Happy Anniversary guys! Hears to many more happy years for your family! :)
Post a Comment