Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010




Last year we held Thanksgiving at my house. This year we decided to have it at my good friend Camry's house. We are in the same ward, our husbands are in the same shop and we live about a block away from each other. She is totally awesome as is her husband and baby daughter. We just love their family! Anyways, we had Thanksgiving there along with my friend Laura and her family and our friend John and his 2 children. We had a lot of fun together!
Camry and I got together the day before Thanksgiving and started on the pies and appetizers. We also got a little side-tracked afterwards and ended up playing several rounds of Call of Duty with the boys. We stayed up until 2 in the morning! I got home and got a few hours of sleep then headed back over to her house to help with the turkey and sides. Everyone showed up around 12:30 and we ate at 1:30. There was so much food! We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, creamed corn, two different kinds of rolls, candied sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, chocolate pecan pie and pumpkin pie and so much more. I can't even remember all of it!
We stuffed ourselves all day and played games late into the evening. We also watched How to Train Your Dragon with all of the kids. If you haven't seen it I recommend it. It's super cute! Camry and I were going to play against the guys for dish duty but we decided our chances were actually better if we did had a Call of Duty match. We never ended up deciding who would do the dishes and after putting away the leftovers we decided to leave them for tomorrow. :)
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and the best one I have had yet here in Minot. We really enjoyed ourselves and I can't wait for next Thanksgiving. It will be my turn to host again.
THe pics are just a few I took of our Thanksgiving day. There is one of the kids eating their dinners, the guys hanging out in the living room and one of us girls after we finished cooking, left to right is Laura, Camry and I.

No comments: