It's amazing how Christmas has changed for me since becoming a mother. I have always enjoyed Christmas and loved the joy of buying gifts for others. But I suppose like everyone there was also a small part of me that loved the recieving of gifts. This Christmas I find myself not even caring what might be under the tree for me. This season I have found myself caught up in the magic that only children find in Christmas. I love watching Emma's eyes dance with excitement as she gazes on the tree lights and stares at presents under the tree. Matthew's parents package arrived last night and as we placed all the beautifully wrapped presents under the tree Emma danced all around the living room excited by the colors. She kept trying to figure out what was inside. Ammon was also amazed by each package and kept trying to sneak away with one. Emma just sat by the tree and looked at the presents for the longest time.
I have carefully hidden all of "Santa's" presents. Emma is a master at finding hidden things. Matthew and I are just gushing with excitement to see their precious little faces on Christmas morning. To us there is nothing in this world we want more than to see them happy. That is the best gift any parent could ask for.
1 comment:
That's so sweet! Kids and Christmas were made for each other.
Post a Comment