Sunday, June 7, 2009
Making good on my promise
A few posts ago I had promised myself that I would find something I've always wanted to do and do it. Something that I had been afraid to try. Well I am keeping my promise to myself and taking a step in the dark. I have always had a love of dance. I took dance as a young child and in high school I took bellydance, which has become a deep love of mine. I have always dreamed of teaching a bellydancing class but I just don't know if I'd be any good at teaching. This week I have decided to take on my fear and I am taking a course to become a certified group workout instructor. It's through the AFPA and covers dance which was a must for me. On top of that I am also becoming a certified Pre-Post Natal workout instructor. I have been doing prenatal workouts and yoga with some friends of mine and I love it! So in about 3 months I will be able to teach both. I am so excited and so freaked out!! I have to actually teach a class for a test and all of that good stuff. I am really nervous but I believe that this will be good for me. I need to step outside of my comfort zone and take on my fear of being in front of groups of people. :) I am attempting to teach myself not to let fear hold me back from doing something that I love. So we will see how this goes. I am so excited. My books are supposed to be here this week. Yay! Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You'll be great! How exciting!
That's so fun! You'll be amazing, and I know your classes will love you! :)
Good for you Brittany. I always think it is good to step out of your comfort zone. You are going to be great. Keep us posted how it is going.
Post a Comment