Friday, June 5, 2009

My child thinks she is a dog....

I went upstairs this morning to collect some laundry and on my way back down I found a lovely surprise. Emma had one hand in the dog's water bowl and in the other hand, the dog's bone. She was so proud of her self, wet and stinky. But this is not the first time something like this has happened. She has begun to take her toys and put them under the couch just like the dogs do with their bones. Emma also "talks" to them. Hundley ( our miniature daschund) is a very grumpy puppy when he has to have a bath. After a bath he will sit there and whine and grunt for as long as he can. Emma will crawl up to him and talk and grunt back. They will sit there and have this long drawn out conversation together. It kind of reminds me of the baby and the dog from the Ruggrats. Emma follows Oscar and Hundley everywhere. They lay down with her and all three will cuddle together. It's the cutest thing! But I'm starting to believe that she thinks that she is one of them. :) She will crawl up while they are chewing on their bones and start trying to eat it with them and they WILL ACTUALLY share with her!! Emma doesn't understand why she can't eat the bones too. Silly little baby. I'll try and put up some pics of her and the dogs together because they are all just so cute. I'm just waiting for her to learn to bark now.... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha..Go Emmer! Love that kid!! And omgah..Oscar and Hunley are sooooo cute!! Very very jealous...even though I LOVE Indiana Jones to death! Love you.

Anita said...

That's hilarious! My kids act like dogs, too - but they're older and it's just annoying now. And dangerous when they start wrapping things around their necks to be leashes...