Tuesday, June 16, 2009
In My Daughter's Eyes
The eyes are truly the window to the soul. It's amazing how much is communicated through them, wordlessly. Emma speaks to me with them. One look into her beautiful blue eys and I know exactly what she is trying to say. In them I see her emotions, feelings and thoughts. With one little glance I can tell she's tired, sleepy or hungry. In them I see anger, frustration and demands. She displays a great deal of impishness in them as well. Anytime I say no she will turn around and smile and look at me with the " You are funny Mom. I'm going to do this anyways." I also see so much happiness, joy and love. It's the love that overwhelms me. When she stares at me with those love beams I am helpless. It's beyond my understanding of how she can love so unconditionally. Babies are so quick to forgive. She may get mad when I take something away but 10 seconds later she is holding her arms out to me and looking to me, asking to be held. I scoop her up and she looks at me saying " I love you Mom." It's the most amazing thing in the world. I love looking into her eyes and seeing that I am her world, her everything. I hope she knows that she is mine and always will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment