Friday, July 24, 2009
I love Doctors and Hospitals.....not!
Yesterday I had to go to the hospital to have my blood glucose retested. My doctor called and told me that the first one was a little bit off so he wanted me to go back. Sure, ok! I went fasting this time since the last one was not fasting (which I'm sure had to do with the results as I had eaten a brownie before...oops!:) So I got there at 8:30 and was then told that it would be 3 hours long....JOY! So they began to try and take my starting blood and they couldn't find a vein. After tearing up my poor arms I finally convinced them to try and take it from my bicep which after a little while worked. I drank the lovely wanna be orange crush which was twice as nasty tasting as the last one since it had twice the sugar in it and sat back to wait. They were supposed to draw blood at the top of every hour until 12 o'clock. I was fine for a while. I just sat and read my book and talked to some of the older people that were coming in for their blood work. After a while I started to feel really sick to my stomach. 45 mintues into the test and I could no longer consentrate and I was feeling very lightheaded. I started to get cold and clamy but I was sweating! And then I blacked out... When I came too I called for the nurse who then put me in a nice comfy chair and got me back to feeling better. I had never felt so sick in my life. She said it was from doing all the sugar while fasting. After I was feeling a little better we began to start the process of drawing blood all over again. By the time 12:00 rolled around I had to much gauze taped to my arms and I couldn't even bend them. Driving back home was a fun experience as well. When I got home Matthew looked at me and said "What did they do to you?" "Torture". Today I am feeling much better but my arms look like I shoot up. There are tracks all over them and bruises. I am so very very very done going to the hospital now. lol! I am not looking forward to my next appointment. Just a few more and I'm done! Hooray! No more human pin cushion!!! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's terrible but you now have the battle wounds of motherhood! Do you still want to be a nurse? Inflicting the pain is more your style than receiving it! LOL
Post a Comment