Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankgiving Day Fun



Well I did it! I sucessfully pulled off a Thanksgiving day bash. It was the most fun I have had on Thanksgiving. We invited over 8 people, two of which were children the same age as Emma. We had so much fun with all of them. Emma was thrilled with the fact that her friends were here to play and covered them with kisses. I woke up at 8 that morning and put the turkey in. I was so nervous since it was my first time cooking a turkey. I was so proud of myself since I pulled the giblets out myself. YUCK! It really creeped me out but I did it! The turkey was done by 1:30 and picture perfect. It was so tender, our friend James had a hard time carving the turkey! It was just felling right off. Our feast consisted of the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, mexican rice, rolls, orange glazed carrotts, cranberry sauce, apple pie, cherry pie, chocolate pecan pie, pumpkin pie, Coke, Sprite, Orange soda, Eggnog, hot chocolate, mint chocolate chip cookies, zucchini bread, and cranberry-orange bread. It was delicious!!! Everything turned out so well. We all ate and ate until we couldn't eat anymore. The kids play with Emma's Tonka trucks and the adults play Lips, Scene It, Wii resort sports and talked each other's ears off. We started at noon and the last of the guest left around 2 a.m. It was such a blast!! :D
We only had one misshap. Camry and I spilled turkey juice all over the country and floor. We let out the master cleaning puppies and the they got it off the floor in no time. Other than that everything moved smoothly and went as planned. It was the best day ever! We can't wait to do it again next year!!

No comments: