Friday, December 5, 2008

Last night our little family went to Walmart for the tree decorations. Walmart was not ready for us. All we needed was a few ornaments for the tree. That was it. And it took us 2 1/2 hours just to do that. Why? Well let's just say that it was kind of like having Martha Stewart and Larry the Cable Guy pick out decorations together. Last year our tree was blue and silver, our wedding colors. Now our living room in currently done in golds, creams and reds. I wanted the tree to match, Matthew on the other hand wanted it to be cheap. So there we stood in the middle of Walmart, him wondering why we couldn't buy a $2.00 pack of mini bulbs and me wondering why he couldn't understand the nessecity of matching colors, varying sizes, ect. We went back and forth over and over. People were starting to stop and stare. I guess they couldn't figure out why we were laughing so hard. Matthew and I thought the whole situation was funny! Of all the things in the world to spend 2 hours picking out, Christmas tree ornaments!!! Little Emma was sleeping through the whole thing. Give her a bottle and you can take her anywhere! So after 2 hours we finally picked out some beautiful gold and red bulbs and gold tinsel. Then I mentioned the need for candy canes... :) 30 minutes later we walked out of the store, me with a smile on my face and Matthew staring blankly at the reciept. Emma woke up just in time to feel the -10 wind chill and screamed accordingly. We cranked up the music and she was fine. This little girl loves music. It was so nice having a quiet ride home and just being able to talk to each other. Matthew always makes me laugh. I love talking to him. When we got home we were to exhuasted to even decorate. So I scooped up Emma and the 3 of us curled up on the couch together. Milo (our cat) sat perched on a branch of our poor tree. We were so happy and content. It's things like this that make for lasting memories. I love my little family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like quite an adventure. We decorated our tree today and Hunter and Anna cleverly clumped all the ornaments in one spot in the front!

campbell said...

I love reading your post. You and Matthew will always have a special place in my heart. :)

Karen said...

You guys are so sweet. -10...now that is cold!!!