Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The year is quickly closing

Well it's New Year's Eve and in 24 hours it will be 2009. So much has happened this year. I would just like to take a moment and remember everything that I have experienced this year.
January, Matthew and I decided to join the Air Force. We prayed and prayed about it and just felt that it was right. It has been the best thing we could have done. In Feb. I found out I was pregnant. I was so happy! The thrill of knowing that I was going to become a mother was amazing. It was also our first Valentine's Day together. :) In April we moved back to Camden and lived with Susan and Ron while we waited to find out when Matthew would have to go for BMT. It was also the first time we got to hear our baby's heartbeat. In June Matthew left for Basic. It was so hard to have him go. I felt so alone and helpless in that very moment. But the Lord can see so much farther ahead than we can and He knew the blessing this would bring. We also got to have an ultrasound so we could "see" our baby. But we didn't know the gender yet. In July, I had another ultrasound and found out that we were having a baby girl!! I couldn't talk to Matthew on the phone so I wrote him a letter telling him the news. I also went to the mountains with Ron and Susan and got to visit both sets of grandparents. It was so nice to see them. And the highlight of that month was going to San Antonio to see Matthew graduate. It was storming like crazy because of the hurricane but it was so worth it!!! In August I turned 20...yay. One year older.. no need to dwell on that. :) September it was my mother's b-day! I had the kids through her a cow birthday! We had a blast putting it together. I also found out that we were going to Minot, ND. I had no idea how that would change my life. In October Matthew came home!! He arranged for my parents to take me to the airport and surprise me. I had no idea what was going on! I was soooo happy he was home! Then, the most life changing thing of all. On October 17th I gave birth to my beautiful, perfect, baby girl, Emma Jean Nelson. It was a long 18 hour labor but I would do it over and over again. She was worth it. Since that day, life hasn't been the same. Life hasn't been the same since we joined the Air Force either. Life just keeps getting better and better. In November we celebrated our 1 year anniversary. I began the year a newlywed and a college student. Now I am an Air Force wife and a mother! I live in ND and have my own home. Matthew and I are very happy in this life we have chosen. We love our little family. It has been one whirlwind of a year but I can't wait to see what this new one has to offer! Happy New Year!! May everyone's goals and dreams come true!

Brittany, Matthew, Emma, Macy, Abby and Milo

No comments: