Tuesday, December 2, 2008

She won't stay little long

It's been a month since we moved in our house and things are still in boxes. The only rooms that are really put together are the kitchen and Emma's nursery. Laundry and dishes are piling up (thankgoodness for dishwashers!!) and bedmaking has been neglected for a while. Somedays, like today, I get up and think "Okay, I'm going to get all this done today." HA! That was at 8:30 this morning. It's now coming up on 1:00 and all I've gotten done is taken a shower and put one load of laundry in the washer. But when I look at my precious little baby, I realize that I have all the time in the world to clean. I will be doing that for years to come but my angel won't stay little forever. Soon she will be crawling, then talking and walking and going to school, having sleepovers, dates, the prom! I have to enjoy every minute I can with her. So once again today I will push aside my to-do list and spend time doing what is most important right now, loving my baby girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a wonderful grasp on what matters most in life. Yes, they don't stay little long. Hard to believe that 20 years ago I was holding my little girl and enjoying her..... and I still do!

Brittany said...

I learned from the best!!

Christy Peake said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet.

Anonymous said...

They do grow up so fast! Enjoy it!

scchesleys said...

Yep, I remember those days well. Now the baby is 8 and the girl is 12. Time flies, make the most of it. Kristi C.